Eternal Sunshine Drink Recipie
I’ve been tinkering with a drink recipe for a bit and I’ve gotten to the point where I like it enough to drink it on a regular basis. To preserve it so I don’t forget it it later, I’m posting it here. This drink started back when I was living in the Netherlands. I wanted a Piña colada but never could find all the ingredients. So one night I just started mixing what I had and one of the things I had was coconut rum. Four years later, I think I’ve got something that tastes pretty good.
- 6oz Pineapple juice
- 6oz Light Rum
- 6oz Coconut Rum
- 2oz Tripelsec
- Orange Juice
- In a container that will hold at least 24oz of liquid pour in a small (6oz) can of Pineapple juice. If you can get fresh juice, it is even better but canned will work just fine.
- Add to this 6oz of light Rum. You can use any light rum you like, since this is a mixed drink and the taste isn’t that important, I use the cheap stuff.
- Add to this 6oz of coconut flavored light rum. I use the one in the white bottle but any should do.
- Finally, add 2oz of triplesec.
- Place this mixture in the freezer and allow it to chill for about an hour. (Overnight is even better)
When you are ready to serve, take an Old Fashion glass and fill it about 1/2 full of crushed ice. Next pour enouh of the mixture over the ice to cover the ice, but just barely. Finally, add Orange Juice to taste and stir gently before enjoying.
- Too much orange juice will overpower all the other flavors. Go very easy on the OJ.
- The slurry in your freezer is mostly alcohol, this is a potent drink. If you make a batch of these and finish it the same night, you may want to seek counseling…or at least a comfortable position on the bathroom floor.
Oh, one final option is to shake about 2 drops of lime juice into the final mixed drink. This gives it a delightful but very light aftertaste.
Until next time,
I <3 |<
p.s. Yes, this was named after the movie “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind“. Make a batch, drink the entire batch while watching the movie, you’ll understand. (Then the next day, re-watch the movie because it’s a good movie)