The secret to writing a job post to attract PHP developers
Is your company trying to hire a developer? Are you a recruiter responsible for helping your client hire a PHP developer? Do you have a job post out on the net? Get this one thing right and you’ll find your PHP developer.
KEEP IT SIMPLE
Yes, that’s the entire secret; keep it simple. Make it easy for us to scan, easy for us to understand, easy for us to figure out how to apply.
- You don’t impress us with big words you don’t understand.
- Don’t use semantically null terms like “business quality”. You don’t know what that means any more than we do.
- If you are using technical terms, please have a developer review the post to make sure you use them correctly.
- List the absolute minimum skills to get the job. Don’t use a shotgun, use a sniper rifle.
- BONUS TIP FOR RECRUITERS: Honestly, we don’t care that much about your agency, we are interested in the job. Don’t take up precious room at the top of the ad trying to sell us on your agency. Tell us about the job.
Until next time,
I <3 |<