In 2019 I created
- 1 New book “Using the WordPress REST API“
- 44 Episodes of “Voices of the ElePHPant“
- 14 Episodes of “No BS Engineering” with my friend Mario Peshev
- 93 Blog posts (counting this one)
- 11 technical talks
- 2 Keynote talks
- I read 19 books. Not the 24 I had hoped for*, but better than the 12 in 2018.
- Consumed entirely too much TV – TV being the generic term for movies and episodic tele-plays I consumed across multiple devices – which is why I didn’t hit my numbers on books. I’ve got to flip that.
I’m ok with my 2019 stats, but I think I can do better. I’ve already started writing a book that will be published early next year and I’ve already roughed out a keynote talk. I’ve also started a third podcast. (More on that later)
This post isn’t to brag, and it is not to make anyone feel that they haven’t done enough. I’ve done this much because of how I am wired. I am wired to create things. (Note: I did not say anything I created was good, just that I created it)
I firmly believe that I should create more than I consume, but that is a maxim for me, not for everybody. You do you and be proud of it.
Until next time,
I <3 |<
* When you count re-reads, I went well over 24. Some books I read 3 times this year.